How to Minimize Discomfort From Waxing
One of the things we get asked a LOT is if a bikini wax hurts. The simple truth is; yes, you will feel a sting when you remove hairs from their follicles. How you experience pain or discomfort is very personal and depends on the area you’re waxing. Some people aren’t bothered by the feeling at all (we have regular clients at our spa that actually have a snooze while getting their brazilian done) and other people just aren’t made for waxing. When you’re using a self waxing kit, you’ve got full control!
Will it hurt for me?
Whether or not waxing hurts for you depend on a number of factors: it can be your skin type, your hair type, where you are in your cycle or simply what your pain threshold is. There’s only one way to find out how uncomfortable waxing is for you and that is to just give it a try! Trust us, all will be forgotten when you feel how smooth your skin feels. And it does definitely become less painful every time you wax.
Minimizing the discomfort
Important things to remember if you’re worried about the pain are:
- Choose the right wax: the best hard wax for bikini waxing is made with Titanium Dioxide. This will help the wax release from the skin easily, while still gripping on the hair.
- Make sure the wax is not too hot before you put it on your bikini line. Hot wax on delicate areas can be painful. At the right temperature, the wax should resemble honey and slowly move on your spatula.
- When you apply your wax, make sure you end in an area that doesn’t have any hair. This way, it’s easy to create a lip to remove the wax, without flicking at wax-covered hairs.
- Trim longer hair down to ½ inch so it doesn’t tangle up when you apply your wax.
- To prevent skin lifting and bruising, it’s very important to keep your skin taut when you’re removing the wax.
- Keep breathing and try to relax: people tend to hold their breath and tense up during waxing treatments. You will be much more comfortable if you focus on your breath and try to relax your muscles.
- Follow through with your movements: remove the wax in a quick, fluent motion and apply some pressure on the area.
- And finally, if you’re really scared it will hurt, you can always buy an over the counter numbing cream or take some Advil.
Regular waxing will lead to hairs growing back slower and finer making waxing even easier than it was to start with! Whatever you do, DO NOT shaves in between; just use your bikini wax kit. To get the best results from waxing you need all your hairs to be growing at the same rate, shaving in-between completely throws your hair growth cycle off. This is also the reason that your hair might grow back faster than you would like after your first wax.
All Waxxxie waxes are dermatologically tested and proven gentle on sensitive skin. We don’t use any fragrances to cover up nasty chemicals, because we simply don’t need to use any. All our waxes are made in Australia with the best quality professional ingredients currently on the market. We never test our products on animals and we don’t buy our raw material from any suppliers that do. This means you can use our products with a clear conscience!